Terms and Conditions - WEDDING CAKES ONLY
• These cake designs are the result of the information given to Cake.That Designs by the customer. The interpretation of customers’ bespoke requirements and amends to the design, are approved by the customer during the order process; written/verbal descriptions and a diagram will sometimes be used to explain what the customer will receive.
• All tiered cakes will be stacked using foodsafe plastic dowels or straws. These should be removed and discarded before serving. Each tier will be placed on a suitable cake board or card. Some decorations may not be edible or contain inedible parts, these will be pointed out and agreed during the consultation.
Allergies & Special Dietary Requirements
• All allergy and dietary requirements should be conveyed by the bridal couple during the consultation.
• Unless otherwise specified all Cake.That Designs cakes contain butter, gluten (wheat) and eggs and are made in an environment that handles nuts, soya and alcohol. Nut-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and alcohol-free cakes can be made on request but we cannot guarantee that these cakes will not contain trace amounts of these ingredients due to the nature of production. We do not offer an egg free option.
• Cake.That Designs accepts no liability for customers suffering allergic reactions from eating our cakes.
• It is the customer’s responsibility to make Cake.That Designs aware of any special dietary requirements that need to be accommodated in the making of their cake. It is also advisable to inform the venue of any allergy advised orders, so that cross contamination does not occur during the cutting and serving of the cake. This is not the responsibility of Cake.That Designs.
• We cannot guarantee that the fruit used to make our jams and marmalades is 100% stone-free, as pips and stones can be missed in rare circumstances in the manufacturing process.
Consultation and Tasting
• The samples given in the consultation and tasting are made to our wedding cake recipes. However, every cake is handmade to order using fresh and natural ingredients and on rare occasions slight variations may occur as a result of this.
• The consultation and sampling consultation is free of charge. Please note that we require 24 hours’ notice to cancel or reschedule a consultation.
• Consultations will take place in the Cake.That Designs studio in Rotherham.
Payments and Deposits
• A deposit of £50 is required to confirm your order.
• Cake deposits are non-refundable and non-transferrable. Please refer to the section regarding cancellations for more details.
• The final payment of the balance is due, at the latest, 14 days before your wedding reception date. Payment can be made earlier if you wish.
• Failure to complete payment by 14 days prior to your wedding reception may result in your cake order being cancelled.
• Payment of deposits and balances must be taken through Mrs Deborah Jackson. Please email Debbie@cakethat.org for more information.
BY PAYING ANY DEPOSIT, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. PLEASE READ FULLY.
• Any alterations you wish to make to your confirmed, ordered cake design must be requested via email to Debbie@cakethat.org We cannot guarantee that we will be able to make alterations to cakes requested within a month of delivery. If an alteration affects the cost, your balance will be adjusted accordingly. This cost alteration must be paid 14 days prior to your wedding reception date if the cost is over the original total. We will not be able to send you written confirmation of the changes. Any changes will be agreed via e-mail.
• It is very unlikely we will be able to accommodate any changes after your final balance has been paid.
• We cannot refund the cost of any cakes cancelled with less than 30 days’ notice.
• All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferrable (This includes deposits for the cake, delivery and set-up and wedding favours).
• Cake stand deposits are refundable upon the return of the cake stand to the Rotherham studio, providing they are in the same excellent condition as they were hired.
• Cake.That Designs will deliver and set up all wedding cakes of 3 tiers and above, within South Yorkshire for no additional cost. Delivery charges for locations further afield will incur fuel costs (both ways) and labour costs. Prices will also be discussed on a per-cake basis for smaller wedding cakes and cupcake towers. Delivery is not available, nor offered for orders of only favours and kitchen cakes.
• Delivery charges are calculated as starting from the baker’s studios in Rotherham, South Yorkshire. The route taken is at the baker’s discretion.
• Delivery charges for journeys longer than six hours are to be discussed on a per-customer basis due the need for driver rest-breaks and possible overnight accommodation.
• Cake.That Designs offers the option for customers to collect their cake by prior arrangement only from our Rotherham Studio. Not all cakes are suitable for collection so please ask for more detailed information.
• Cake.That Designs accepts no liability for self-assembly cakes that are not assembled properly or are damaged during assembly or transportation.
• Please note – wedding cakes can be very heavy and large and the components may come in several boxes. They may not be suitable for transporting via public transport.
• Cake.That Designs accepts no liability for cakes that are damaged after they have been delivered to the agreed location. Photographs will be taken onsite immediately before we leave.
• Cakes picked up from the studio are checked by the bakery team and checked by the customer on collection. The customer consents that it has been collected in perfect condition by accepting the cake and removing it from the studio. Damages after this point are not Cake.That Designs ’ responsibility.
• All Cake.That Designs wedding cakes are fragile and require care and attention when handling, storing and displaying to prevent damage occurring.
• Please take care when displaying your cake at your wedding reception to avoid direct sunlight, spotlights or candles creating damage to the cake decorations. Hand-painted cakes are especially vulnerable to heat and light damage. All Cake.That Designs cakes are designed to withstand normal and reasonable display conditions. Special requirements regarding display suitability will be discussed during the consultation process. Cake.That Designs accepts no liability for cakes that are damaged during display at your wedding.