Terms and Conditions - celebration cakes (non-wedding)
• These cake designs are the result of the information given to Cake.That Designs by the customer. The interpretation of customers’ bespoke requirements and amends to the design, are approved by the customer during the order process; written/verbal descriptions will sometimes be used to explain what the customer will receive.
• All tiered cakes will be stacked using foodsafe plastic dowels or straws. These should be removed and discarded before serving. Each tier will be placed on a suitable cake board or card. Some decorations may not be edible or contain inedible parts, these will be pointed out and agreed during the consultation.
Allergies & Special Dietary Requirements
• All allergy and dietary requirements should be conveyed by the bridal couple during the consultation.
• Unless otherwise specified all Cake.That Designs cakes contain butter, gluten (wheat) and eggs and are made in an environment that handles nuts, soya and alcohol. Nut-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and alcohol-free cakes can be made on request but we cannot guarantee that these cakes will not contain trace amounts of these ingredients due to the nature of production. We do not offer an egg free option.
• Cake.That Designs accepts no liability for customers suffering allergic reactions from eating our cakes.
• It is the customer’s responsibility to make Cake.That Designs aware of any special dietary requirements that need to be accommodated in the making of their cake. It is also advisable to inform the venue of any allergy advised orders, so that cross contamination does not occur during the cutting and serving of the cake. This is not the responsibility of Cake.That Designs.
• We cannot guarantee that the fruit used to make our jams and marmalades is 100% stone-free, as pips and stones can be missed in rare circumstances in the manufacturing process.
Consultation and Tasting
• Tasting samples are generally only provided for wedding cake orders as this is a complimentary service. There are several reviews on our Facebook pages which are very favourable when mentioning our flavours and fillings. If you are still concerned, you can pay for a selection of upto 4 samples. There is a charge of £5 for this.
Payments and Deposits
• A minimum deposit of £30 is required to confirm your order.
• Cake deposits are non-refundable and non-transferrable. Please refer to the section regarding cancellations for more details.
• The remaining balance is paid on collection of your cake from our Rotherham studio address. This should be a cash payment or a bank transfer (providing this has cleared our bank account before collection) Cheques are not accepted for final balance payment unless they are paid 2 weeks before collection date.
• Final payments made are taken as approval and acceptance of the overall look and design of your cake.
• Payment of deposits and balances must be taken through Mrs Deborah Jackson. Please email Debbie@cakethat.org for more information. Deposit payments can be made in cash, cheque or online bank transfer. Details provided on request.
BY PAYING ANY DEPOSIT, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. PLEASE READ FULLY.
• Any design alterations you wish to make to your confirmed, ordered cake must be requested via email to Debbie@cakethat.org We cannot guarantee that we will be able to make alterations to cakes requested within 2 weeks of due date. If an alteration affects the cost, your balance will be adjusted accordingly. We will not be able to send you written confirmation of the changes. Any changes will be agreed via e-mail.
• Changes to size and flavour/fillings should be made by 1 week before due date.
All deposits paid to save the date and confirm your booking are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
• Cake stand deposits are refundable upon the return of the cake stand to the Rotherham studio, providing they are in the same excellent condition as they were hired. Cake stands should be clean and ready to use again. Please return them in the condition you would be happy to accept.
• Cake.That Designs will only offer delivery and setup of cakes of 3 tiers and above. Due to time constraints, delivery is not offered on celebration cakes. If your celebration cake is 3 tiers and above, a delivery service can be arranged at additional cost. This will be an evening delivery only.
• Delivery charges are calculated as starting from the baker’s studios in Rotherham, South Yorkshire. The route taken is at the baker’s discretion.
• Delivery charges for journeys longer than six hours are to be discussed on a per-customer basis due the need for driver rest-breaks and possible overnight accommodation.
• This is the usual and preferred method but as cakes are fragile, temperamental things, extra care should be given. We always recommend care is taken whilst driving and that cakes are placed in an empty boot, which is level and clean. We can provide a patch of anti-slip matting which will help to keep the cake in place. Alternatively, they can be placed in the front footwell which is also level, but space is sometimes limited in smaller vehicles.
Some clients like to bring a passenger along to hold the cake whilst travelling. With some single tier cakes and short journeys, this is usually acceptable but is entirely at your own risk.
CAKES SHOULD NEVER BE PLACED ON A CAR SEAT FOR TRAVELLING, EVEN SHORT DISTANCES.
If this advice is ignored, Cake.That Designs will not be held responsible for any damage to your cake and no refund or compensation will be issued.
• Cake.That Designs accepts no liability for self-assembly cakes that are not assembled properly or are damaged during assembly or transportation.
Cakes should be taken directly to the venue/home/office as quickly as possible and should never be left in the vehicle for longer than is necessary. Temperatures in all vehicles can increase or drop to a level that is extremely detrimental to your cake.
• Cake.That Designs accepts no liability for cakes that are damaged after they have been delivered by ourselves or by our customers to the final location.
• Cakes picked up from the studio are checked by the bakery team and checked by the customer on collection. The customer consents that it has been collected in perfect condition by accepting the cake and removing it from the studio. Damages after this point are not Cake.That Designs ’ responsibility.
• All Cake.That Designs cakes are fragile and require care and attention when handling, storing and displaying to prevent damage occurring.